Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snowed in . . .


 
We have just survived a snow storm of “epic proportions”, a “historic event”, and one that could be “catastrophic”.  These are a few terms used by our local weathermen and women about the Ice/Snow Storm heading our way.  We live in Georgia and if we get 2” of snow, we all panic!  I do okay with snow if we do not lose power!!  That was the only worry I had when they started predicting ½” to 1” of ice.  I have lived through two terrible ice storms before and they are anything but pleasant.  Luckily, no power was lost at our home; however, I believe in and around Atlanta, there were about 150,000 customers who did.

Some of our snow pictures . . .






 

Just say the word “snow” and I immediately start getting sewing and knitting and card making fever.  I guess you could say, I never am bored or still for very long!!

I made six KnitClutches® that I market at Main Street Yarns.  And if I do say so myself, the fabrics on these are to die for.  Three of which are completely finished . . . And on the back of the clutch you will find two grommets where your yarn can easily slide through, making your project portable and I might add, stylish!  I usually do not make two alike; however, the Paris fabric is so very popular that Dee ordered 6 more in that fabric. I still have two more to make in this fabric.

 

 
Two almost finished . . . Just need to add closures . . .
 


and one that I need to add the lining and then the closure . . .


You can see the lining that I chose for this bag!  I love it!!! 

I did make a couple of knitting needle clutches.  I love making these.  Simple, quick, and very functional as well as pretty to look at.

 

 
and Opened . . .

 
AND
 

 
and Opened . . .
 
 
 

Love shoulder bags, too!  So I took scraps and made this one for me:  Cut the flower from another piece of fabric and appliqued to the top of the bag where I used an old pair of jeans to make the flap and strap.

 



I know I said that I had knitting fever, too, and when I finish up the knitting project(s) that I started, I will post pictures of these in my next blog.

 

Have a great weekend!  Stay warm!

 
CREATE AND HAVE FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment